Hatch - Pick Points / Ellipse

I have been evaluating several Autocad alternatives, Bricscad is on the top of my list; however, my users have found every reason to come up with issues.  On one drawing we have several interior walls that we cannot hatch using the "Pick Points" option in BHATCH.   For whatever reason the other software works fine, but Bricscad just does not like the ellipse portion.  Has anyone else had this problem and or found a easy solution. 

Here is a block of one of the drawing portions:

https://secure.logmein.com/f?noXbON-yfyLHU.zRrr4o4z1VNvGuryyPtxo1mfzZ5XP

Comments

• Please file a support request and attach a sample file. We will be glad to investigate and solve the issue.

• not easy, but a workaround for the current (BV10.5.5) version

you can wblock that elliptical arc to R12 format (pick the base point to the end of ellipse-arc) not retain entities, then reinsert it now converted to polyline,  pedit/fit to smooth is necessary,  and retry the bhatch

sounds complicated but is not.

• Thanks Arturo, It is upsetting Bricscad does not work on such a basic & fundamental  process as hatch command.  I would much rather have a software company focus on making everything work before adding new features etc..  Apparently the intellicad based systems have no problem with this task, I was really betting on Bricscad as our Autocad replacement.   

I sent a support ticket in yesterday; hopefully it is a simple bug..

• In my experience Bricsys take these kind of bugs serious and I don't feel they only concentrate on new features. They have also been working on performance and it is noticable.

Can't say I have a problem with this :) 

• Ellipses seem to hatch for me also, polygon representations or true.

Sometimes hatching areas rather than picking entities takes a holiday part-way and a second try completes the areas left unhatched.

I have to agree with Huib, Bricsys' treatment of problems is not short of excellent.

If I have a problem at all, it probably won't be long before it is fixed. Other software you wait and hope for the next major upgrade.

I have seen similar forums closed down when they dissolved into little other than complaints. Here, it's nothing but friendly and helpful and the software works virtually problem-free for me.

• Bricscad has problem with mirrored ellipses and elliptical arcs. After use command "mirror" is hatching on such ellipses corrupted. We can only hope, that will be repaired quicky.

This discussion has been closed.