a few issues with 10.6.2 build 19557

Here are a couple of problems I encountered over the last couple of days:

1 - command line does not have focus. I know this has been reported already. I'm repeating it because it is a real pain to deal with.

2 - I can't figure how to define the default dimension style. Is this user error or is there no way?

3 - printing. If I change my paper size to "letter" or "legal" for my HP Officejet G65 printer in either "print" or "page setup," Bricscad will crash. Setting to any other paper size is OK.

4 - printing. If I change my paper size to "arch D" for my cups-pdf printer, Bricscad crashes. Setting any other paper size is OK.

5 - qtextmode doesn't seem to do anything. Text is still displayed as text and not as boxes. - I can't open some of my drawings and I think it's a text display issue and wanted to try this.

5 - I could not open a drawing and the program said I might want to "recover" it. The recover command could not open the file either and suggested I might want to run "recover," which was silly since I just did. - Turned out to be a permission problem, see below.

6 - permission - If I try to open a file for which I do not have permission, Bricscad will not open the file but doesn't tell me why and suggests I try to "recover" it.

7 - Regardless of original file permissions (of the files or their parent directories,) Bricscad changes the permission to -rw-------, which makes sense when you have a file open, but it should change the permission back to the original state when it closes the file. I've been chmod'ing endlessly just so I can open files.

Thanks

Comments

• Have updated to 10.6.7 build 19855 and issues 3 & 4 I listed earlier have been resolved. The others are still problems.

Additionally, there is no preview utility, of which I'm aware, for preview blocks and files for inserting.

• I have updated to 10.6.7

2 - I can't figure how to define the default dimension style. Is this user error or is there no way?

yep right click(wrong content menu) doese not work here. (have you posted support request for this?) have not note this before

3 - printing. If I change my paper size to "letter" or "legal" for my HP Officejet G65 printer in either "print" or "page setup," Bricscad will crash. Setting to any other paper size is OK.

I have no HP Officejet G65, but with my epson printer I can change paper size without crash. Seems to me it was so in previous versions too.

• @John Hersey

2 - You have to go to the Edit menu and select Set current. This isn't exactly obvious though and you're right in reporting this issue. There should be a context menu for this or a tick box.

7 - Didn't notice this until you mentioned it. I suppose it's only a problem if you switch files between different users a lot.

• @ Andrey - the paper size issue was resolved when I loaded 10.6.7.

@ Ricardo - "You have to go to the Edit menu ..." - I don't understand this suggestion. I can't find a set current option on any of the edit menus.

"Didn't notgice this ..." - This is a problem for me. I switch back and forth between the Linux and Windows world and will continue to until the Linux version's working completely. Also, I have a draftsman who uses his own copy of AutoCAD on his machine and we work on the same files.

Thanks, both of you, for your comments.

This discussion has been closed.