file permissions

with v. 10.6.8 build 19958 and earlier (as far as I know) on OpenSuse 11.3 kde,

Regardless of original file permissions (of the files or their parent directories,) Bricscad changes the permission to -rw-------, which makes sense when you have a file open, but it should change the permission back to the original state when it closes the file. I've been chmod'ing endlessly just so I can open files.

I reported this earlier but mention it again because I believe it's an important issue.

Comments

• I have encountered the same problem as others could not access the drawings I had saved.

So I have setup a a support request and after confirmation the status is "Fix Scheduled".

• Great - thanks for elevating it to an official support request. I should have thought to do that.

• I've just installed v11.1.17 build 20821. It looks that this is not fixed. It is a big issue indeed, people can not collaborate.

Could it be a limitation because of the trial version?

• I've just installed v11.1.17 build 20821. It looks that this is not fixed. It is a big issue indeed, people can not collaborate.

Could it be a limitation because of the trial version?

I have the 11.1.16 trial installed in opensuse 11.3 x86_64/KDE 4.5.4 and this problem does *not* happen. Neither it does in opeseuse 11.1 x86_64.

Check if your user's permissions in Yast are normal.

• Bruno Limmer,

thanks for your comment!

I'm using ubuntu and i'm confident that my os is fine. If it works for you on SUSE there are few less options. Package build problem or some environment variables or other distro specific things that exists on SUSE but not Ubuntu.

• The file permission issue has not been resolved for me using 11.1.17 build 20821 with OpenSuse 11.3 (586) and KDE 4.4.4

Bruno - I have not changed anything from the default user settings. Have you?

For what it's worth:

Before editing:

-rwxrwxrwx 1 john   users  345866 2010-12-08 16:44 a2-Elevations.dwg

After editing:

-rw------- 1 john   users  344665 2010-12-10 09:15 a2-Elevations.dwg

This discussion has been closed.