Real time rotation around screen center

Hello

How are You modelling  3d objects using real time rotation command  whitch only rotates arond world 0,0,0,

Or are there other methods for real time moving around  model?

Thank you

Comments

• Ctrl + Left Mouse button to rotate around view center

Ctrl + Right Mouse button to rotate around view Z axis

• In other words: usually I press and hold the middle mouse button to pan my model so that the point I want to rotate around is at the center of the view, next I use Ctrl + Left mouse to rotate. 

• But it not work! Sorry :)

For example, if I have 3d box in the center of screen and I want to rotate view and see back side of this box, (using Ctrl + Left mouse b) it wont rotate fiew around these box.

• Maybe I can define UCS center un the one of the  3d object  edge and then try to rotate.

Still it is not very convenient to rotate live view around 3d object which is in the cener of screen. Maybe BRICSYS team could try to solve this problem.

Or maybe there is other better method how to make 3d model without live rotation?

Janis

• There is one kind of visualization that I also doesn't know how to do in Bricscad. Probaly it's tha same as asked by Janis.

Inside a 3d view (shade or wireframe) of an architectural model, I need to rotate the image around the Z axis of current UCS - probably World - and the Z axis has to be kept vertical. It's the same "Orbit maintains Z" of AutoCAD 2006. In AutoCAD 2007 and later it was called "Constrained Orbit". The current version of Bricscad rotates the image around the axis of a display coordinate system instead of the Z axis of UCS. The result it's a rotated image and not a vertical image.

It should be a very important change to Bricscad, because, as an architect, I always use this mode to view a model inside AutoCAD.

• Hello Geraldo

From this topic you can try to make LISP file and apload in Bricscat, but it still not working like autocad 3d orbit (maintains z).

https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/9981

This is a bit weard that Bricscad has almost perfect 2d drawing posibilities, but not developed hatch operations, wich are important for architects, and the same is with 3d modeling - the most used command - 3d orbit or live rotate is in poor development level. (there are problems with face negative extrude and working UCS planes too).

So I hope that Bricscad will hear this cry :) and firstly will puzzle the basic things and then go futher with renderings and other stuff.

• Hi there NICE WORK with V12 . Bringing this one back to top.

The prefered way of orbiting should be like the ctrl+shift+middlemouse. Preferably a bit easier accessible. Correct me if Im wrong guys but what does the rest of you think. Its the most intuitive in my opinion.

Cheers Patrik

This discussion has been closed.