V11 - Flashing cursor problem still there?

Since V9 at least I have noticed that the crosshairs cursor flashes very quickly when moving it across the screen.  It is sort of disturbing visually.  I think some time ago someone from Bricsys mentioned on this forum that it was on the list to be fixed.  Seems to be there still in V11, though.

Is there a setting that makes this better?  Will it be fixed at some point?

Thanks.

Comments

• I have the same experience with the pickbox. When in a "Select objects:" prompt, moving the mouse makes the pickbox all but invisible.

• I had it with pick box. Problem was with pick box for selecting entities and entiity snap aperture box. If I had same size of them, it flashed. So set theese boxis with diferent size and it should be OK.

• That doesn't change anything for me -- cursor, pick box, entity snap box -- they all flash when the mouse is moved.

I've submitted a support request, and perhaps this will be fixed some day.

• The flashing cursor, which almost disappears while moving through a drawing,  is an annoyance in an otherwise good product. I have checked every setting in the Options Dialog box that I think might have something to do with it, but to no avail. Any fixes coming down the line soon?

• Good luck getting a quick fix.  I submitted a support request on Dec. 10, 2009 (under V10) for the screen artifacts left when toggling esnaps off and on.  In spite of having a note for a couple of months on my support request that "FIX PENDING", nothing has been corrected.  Now we have V11, which has the same problem I reported and a few new ones.  This issue of not having the pick/osnap/aperture boxes the same size is new to V11; under V10 I had the boxes the same with no problems.  I have 2 other support requests filed months ago (Nov 2009, July 2010) that have not been resolved.

The size of the program download more than doubled from V10 to V11, and all kinds of wonderful new features get added.  What seems to be happening is that as new gets added, they're breaking the old.  I doubt this trend will stop.  It seems that most of the people posting want all the features in AutoCAD to be in Bricscad.

• I have the same problem, as well as the screen artifacts. I too have support requests unsolved. But I don't care all the features in Acad are in Bcad, what i do care is my software works well and doesn't make me lose time trying to arrange the bug.

• The problem has been fixed in the current release, V11.2.3-1. Using a drawing with many 3D ofbjects, blocks, etc, the cursor used to flash when moving about , or disappear while panning. Both of the issues have apparently been fixed.

This program works very well.

• You are right, it is gone!  I had not even noticed because I used the smallest cursor possible.

Funny this was not made more prominent in the release notes, after all our complaining here!

This discussion has been closed.