file not found: vba6.dll

Hallo

trotz installierter vba6runtime und gesetzter verweise, will bei meinem bricscad vba nicht funktionieren. auslöser:  unload me mit obiger fehlermeldung - bin mit meinem latein am ende, wäre für hilfe dankbar

Comments

• hi all,

error: "file not found: vba.6dll" ; vba6 runtime installed; reference-settings are done; someone can help me?

Bricscad V.11.1.14 German

• What version of Bricscad are you using? and have you tried reinstalling Bricscad?

You might want to submit a tech support request : )

• Hello

I just migrated to Win7 64-bit and I'm having the same problem.

I use French BricsCad Pro 11.1.15 and VBA has been installed by Bricscad (no MS Office, Autocad and so on ...).

The VBA IDE works fine but as soon as a macro is launched, a dialog box opens displaying: "File not found: VBA6.DLL."

Does anybody have a solution ?

Otherwise has a support request been launched ?

Thanks

• Hi Philippe

problem has taken care nearly by itself,by a mystical way. do not ask me how. I got the registry entries (VB) in a file from support. but it does not work. I opened the file with editor. the path was wrong "C:\Program Files".  my VB is under "C:\Program Files (x86)". I changed this. but it does not work. then I installed bricsys on my notebook (vista 32 bit). it worked :-)). and also  the VB-Editor was in german not in english. then I wrote my project on my notebook. 3 or 4 weeks later I opened this project under win 7 and , I do not know why, it worked. since that time. I use this project for all other (new) projects as base. it works also, if I go to menuebar - tools - vba -  new project. it does not work with open bricsys - Alt+F11 - insert  - UserForm. I think that is, why it is the default "project".

• We don't know the exact cause of this problem, but it can be caused by Office 2010 installation. In any case, the file VBA6.dll doesn't exist on any system, and shouldn't. The reason of the error is a corrupted registry key, that causes an incorrect reference to the VBA 6 dll's. Please have a look at these links for more information :

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2010/08/27/file-not-found-vba6-dll-error-occurs-or-gp-crashes-and-creats-a-watson-fault-bucket-1474386816.aspx

http://www.excelforum.com/excel-programming/666088-file-not-found-vba6-dll.html

In the second post, link, the suggested solution is to issue this on a command line:

Regsvr32.EXE "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\VBA6\VBE6.DLL"

On a 64 bit system this would be :

Regsvr32.EXE "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\VBA6\VBE6.DLL"

• Hello

The previous link has helped me. Thanks a lot.
    Firstly, I have registered VBE6.dll using : Regsvr32.EXE "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\VBA6\VBE6.DLL"
    But it has no effect. VBA was still not working.

But after that, I have change the registery with regedit.
    The key "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{000204EF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\6.0\9\win32" was previously set to "C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\msvbvm60.dll", and I changed it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\VBA6\VBE6.DLL". And now, its working fine.

I really don't know if the first step was usefull...
    I hope it can help you.

WOOHOO

• Thanks for sharing your solution ! I have added it to our knowledge base : http://www.bricsys.com/common/knowledge/topic.jsp?id=304

• Strange, that worked here to on Win64..
This discussion has been closed.