Isometric problem

Hello Guys,

As you know there are two styles in drawing in Bricscad i.e. Standard and Isometric. I am working in Isometric style for creating isometric drawings by changing the style i.e

command: Snap -> Style -> Isometric 

When i am drawing in isomteric while changing the plane i.e. either Left/Right/Top the rubber banding does not  change as the plane changes, which means if i have to draw the object by changing the plane i need to cancel the command and change the plane first then start drawing this is a time consuming task, and this works fine in AutoCAD so can you guys tell me some solution to this,  do i have to set some system variable to get it right.

Thanks in advance guys

Sanjay.

Comments

• Sanjay,
     I think I understand the problem you're describing. If, for example, I am in isometric style and I start
    the LINE command, I can change the isoplane with F5, but using the shift key to confine the line extension
    to an axis remains set for the previous isoplane. I don't know for sure, but I doubt there is a system
    setting that affects this. More probably, I think the developers have simply not implemented this
    capability yet. If you haven't already, you could file an enhancement request. Sorry I don't have a
    solution.

• Sanjay,

While playing around, I found that if I call the LINE command with a simple lisp program, the rubber band follows

the axes correctly when changing the isoplanes with F5. Voila! Give it a try.  

(defun c:il (/) ; call it anything you like

(command "._LINE" pause)

(princ)

)

• Hi Randy,

Only the cross hair aligns iteslf with the changed drawing plane when you hit F5, but the rubber band still remains in the "previous" plane until a new point has been picked. As soon as the next point is picked, the rubber band aligns with the correct plane. So, there is always a one-pick delay in this switch over happening. It is the same whether you use the Line command from the command line or via a Lisp routine.

I have already filed a support request on this earlier.

Regards
    Rakesh Rao
    http://rakeshrao.typepad.com

• Rakesh,

After trying a few cases, I see what you mean about the one-pick delay, whether within a lisp routine or without. I'm sorry about perhaps raising false hope. Thanks for clarifying this.

• Rakesh,

How about this workaround. In tools/customize change the Ctrl E command from '_isoplane;; to ^c'_isoplane;;_line;;

Then when using LINE in isometric style, use Ctrl E instead of F5 to change isoplanes.

Does this work or am I still missing the boat?

• Looks to be fixed in Bricscad beta version 11.3.1. see release notes and but about the release at Worldcad. so I would expect you will see this resolved shortly.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill
    CAD Concepts
    http://www.cadconcepts.co.nz

• It's good to see that the developers are working on what may be considered to be minor issues in addition to major efforts. Thanks Jason.

• Indeed, "Little drops of water make a mighty ocean" - I have always been a strong advocate of getting many of these small fixes in place with equal priority as the big ticket items, because that is what we first encounter from end-user isometric drafters.

These small fixes (and many more to come like this) are bound to make the end-user happy.

Regards
    Rakesh Rao
    http://rakeshrao.typepad.com

• I've just looked at the 11.3.1 beta release notes and am very very pleased to see that some of my long-standing SR's have finally been addressed. One dates from 25/09/2008!!

I for one certainly appreciate that Bricsys attends to the minor SR's as well as concentrating on the heavyweight application development stuff that I will probably never use. I'm looking forward to the official release of 11.3.1.

Jamie

• If any other software producers treat their clients as well, I haven't heard about them.

This discussion has been closed.