Dissable 3d

Hi All, I wish to dissable3d as when I am working in 2d as sson as I hit Shift/Z/middle button mouse a3d rotation occurs. Can anyone tell me how to overcome this?

Cheers all

Comments

• Whether view manipulation is possible using the mouse is controlled by the CTRLMOUSE system variable. Switch off this setting if you do not want the mouse shortcuts to zoom, pan, rotate the view. Type ctrlmouse in the command bar, then choose off or lookup Mouse Shortcuts under Program Options / System in the SETTINGS dialog.

• To expand on this a little bit, I think what's happening is you're holding down shift when using the middle mouse button to pan. I had this same issue and had to edit my .cui file (You can find it in c:\users\YOURUSERNAME\appdata\roaming\bricsys\bricscad\v11\en_us\support\default.cui). It is editable in Notepad or Wordpad.

Look for this:

<MacroGroup Name="File">

and immediately below it paste the following

<MenuMacro UID="donothing">

<Macro>

<Name>Nothing...</Name>

<Command>^P(princ)^P</Command>

<HelpString>Does nothing</HelpString>

</Macro>

</MenuMacro>

Then scroll down until you find <MouseButtonRoot>. It will have something called <ButtonGroup UID="BG_2"> as a sub heading. Select from <ButtonGroup UID="BG_2"> down to </ButtonGroup> and delete it. Paste this in its place:

<ButtonGroup UID="BG_2">

<Alias>AUX2</Alias>

<ButtonItem UID="BI_2_02">

<MenuItem>

<MacroRef MenuMacroID="donothing"/>

</MenuItem>

</MenuItem>

</ButtonItem>

<ButtonItem BlankLine="true" UID="BI_2_02"/>

</ButtonGroup>

• Sorry, just realized how hard that was to read (and the forums have no 'delete post' function that I can see).

You have to edit your .cui file which can be found at:

c:\users\YOURUSERNAME\appdata\roaming\bricsys\bricscad\v11\en_us\support\default.cui

Look for this:

<MacroGroup Name="File"> and immediately below it paste this code:

<MenuMacro UID="donothing">        <Macro>          <Name>Nothing...</Name>          <Command>^P(princ)^P</Command>          <HelpString>Does nothing</HelpString></Macro>

Then scroll down until you find <MouseButtonRoot>. It will have something called <ButtonGroup UID="BG_2"> as a sub heading. Select from <ButtonGroupUID="BG_2"> down to </ButtonGroup> and delete it. Paste this in its place:

<ButtonGroup UID="BG_2">               <Alias>AUX2</Alias>               <ButtonItem UID="BI_2_02">                    <MenuItem>                        <MacroRef MenuMacroID="donothing"/>                   </MenuItem>                   </MenuItem>               </ButtonItem>               <ButtonItem BlankLine="true" UID="BI_2_02"/>            </ButtonGroup>

This discussion has been closed.