Properties window

Hi all. I can not get my properties winow to open as  it usually does. I usually just select an item right click and hit properties, walah! Not happening now, can anyone assist?

Thanks guys I am all too aware that a lot of my questions are pretty low brow in this environment.

Cheers

Comments

• I think what I have done is I was experimenting with two screens and i shifted the propertis window to another srceen I am now working with two monitors although diffrent models I think briscad is opening it up on a screen that does not exist.

Can anyone help

Cheers

• Not so low brow that I know the answer, sorry.

You should know most of the room wants to know the answer when you ask a 'dumb' question.

• To test your theory that the Properties Bar is actually open but on a non-existent screen, you can right-click on the docked toolbar area and see whether there is a check-mark next to "Properties Bar" in the pop-up.

And if it is in fact open, there's a slim chance that closing it (by clicking on that part of the pop-up) and then opening it again might bring it back to a real screen.

• I think, you want this:

I have solved this problem with buying same monitors to home and office. But problem persists when I'm on "roads". ;)

But whe it happens, I go to REGEDITOR ->HKE_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Bricsys ->Bricscad -> V11 -> en_US -> Profiles -> Default (our you profile) -> Toolbars -> PROPERTIES.

And there is position (first two digits) and size (second two digits).

My problem is - BC tim to time reset last second two digits (size) and BC start with minimal/initial size - it's annoying.

• To open the properties bar, I always use Ctrl-1 (on the left side of the keyboard).
    Most of you will know this already, but in my opinion, that's the quickest way to open the properties and an easy way to maximize your drawing area when you don't need to see the properties.

greetz

This discussion has been closed.