Load LISP files on Program Launch

Hi, Trial user here. This is only my 13th CAD program to test drive. Sorry to sound so dumb. It took 20 minutes to find and turn model screen background to black.

Is there a location (file search path procedure) where I can park a lisp file of routines so Bricscad will auto load them at program launch? A search brought up a Wengerd Regedit I won't do, and partial CUI I'm not ready to tackle at this moment.

Never ask 2 questions, but I will, anyway. Is there a resident Lisp editor for Bricscad, or suggested one to use?

BTW, I already like Platinum, but doubt I will use X-solids. I do want the equivalent of eTransmit.  (eBridge?).

Thanks,

Bruce, in stormy Seattle

Comments

• Use the "on_doc_load.lsp" file in the Bricscad support folder.  A sample on_doc_load.lsp would be:

(acad-Push-DbMod)
    (princ "\nsetup files loading...")
    (load "c:/Program Files (x86)/Bricsys/Bricscad V11/support/encoutils0 B11.lsp")
    (princ "\nencoutils0 B11.lsp has been loaded...")
    (setvar "cmdecho" 0)
    (command "DCTMAIN" "ENU")
    (if (null (tblsearch "style" "romans"))
    (command "-style" "romans" "romans.shx" "" "" "" "" "" "")
    )
    (SETVAR "AUNITS" 0)
    (SETVAR "AUPREC" 4)
    (SETVAR "LUNITS" 2)
    (SETVAR "LUPREC" 4)
    (SETVAR "ANGBASE" 0)
    (SETVAR "ANGDIR" 0)
    (setvar "cmdecho" 1)
    (acad-Pop-DbMod)
    (princ)

I use a fully qualified path on lisps I load so that I can be sure the file I want loads, not whatever file by that name is found first on the search path.

Bricscad does not have an integral lisp editor.  I use TextPad.  Notepad++ (not the same as the one in Windows) is also recommended.

I prefer to assemble files to send manually rather than use eTransmit.  Most font files are copyrighted and should not be shared without the copyright owner's permission. 

• Thank you, Martin.

Uhhhh, Ok. Create the file. I have not created load files nor done more than edit existing customizations in ten years. "Help File" was not specific. I'll figure it out.

Sorry, I respect and admire your preference for the raw approach, but I am not a drafter, technician, or code builder. I gave up pencils and straight edges years ago for a mouse to assist me  in my profession. Most of my contemporaries threw away their drafting board and have pretty wallpaper showing on their monitors. If you remember penciling your code on punch cards, to send to the inpute tech, for a machine displayed like a god in a small gymnasium, you will appreciate my preferences and choices. I hated failing an exercise for lack of a period ( . ) on one card. The prerequisite for graduation in (nursing, say) was not LISP.

I'll see if the little program "V-Lisp" still works after 12 years. I'm also trialing Bricsys, with several other CADs.

Thanks,

Bruce,  in miserably grey Seattle (and showing in my humor)

• I used pink cards so I could spot them easily in the output tray.

There is no folder whose contents automatically get loaded -- you have to specifically tell Bricscad which files to load.  They provide two files to do this, on_start.lsp and on_doc_load.lsp.  The files can be edited with any text editor, including Notepad.  If all you want to do is load lisp files use the syntax in the line that starts '(load ' and substitute the name of the file you want to load.  Be sure you include the closing paren for each line.  All the other stuff in the sample can be omitted.

• Hi Bruce

In regards to LISP you will find http://www.afralisp.net a useful site with a lot of info on how to use LISP.

If your just testing you can  load LSP routines by doing a drag and drop of the lisp routine from explorer onto your drawing. This also works for ARX/BRX, and script files (.SCR). Another way is to use the APPLOAD command. Appload can be found under Tools|Load application on the pulldown menu.

In the startup lisp files you can use the Autoload function to load and run lisp routines. e.g.

(autoload "mylisp.lsp" '("MYCMD"))

Autoload will also work for lisp files that contain multiple functions e.g.
    (autoload "somelisproutines.lsp" '("CMD1" "CMD2" "CMD3" "CMD4")).

There are a few eBooks available from upfront publishing on Bricscad.

eTransmit is available in Bricscad. Either type ETRANSMIT at the command prompt, or select File|eTransmit/eBridge from the pulldown menu. Both will open Drawing explorer on the Dependecies section. Once there select your drawing file, and either right click on it, or pick on the eTransmit icon from the toolbar.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

This discussion has been closed.