Bricscad (Linux) 11.3.5 including Acis, SOLPROF, BRX...

Hello All,

Bricscad (Linux) version 11.3.5 has been released.  New features include the Acis 3D engine, the SOLPROF command, BRX SDK and PC3 editor.

For download and full releasenotes, use the Bricscad (Linux) RELEASE download link.

To receive notification for subsequent versions, you can subscribe to the Bricscad (Linux) RSS feed.
It is also possible to access the Bricscad (Linux) RSS feed as html page.

Greetings
Tijs

Comments

• That's the Pro Version Right? 
    Perfect,  ....  I just got a License.  Looking forward to upgrading to Platinum.  Those X-Solids are very attractive.  Bricscad Linux needs those too.

• Perfect ! I'll get a license in next days :-)

Just a question... a Platinum version is foreseen ? If yes, when ?

Ciao

Max

• Thanks for keeping up the good work, this is a major step forward!

Unfortunately, 11.3.5 has ceased to run on my debian 5.0 box - since debian never was listed as supported, I don't file a support request, but here is a description of the problem, in case others experience the same:

Using the ubuntu package, dpkg -i upgrades the installation without error, but bricscad then crashes when trying to open drawings or create new ones. However, the program seems to be fully functional as long as I work only in the initially opened (empty) drawing. Since the last thing I see before the segmentation fault is another drawing tab getting opened, I assume the crash is related to the MDI redesign.

If there is no workaround (maybe moving some newer libs into the bricsys folder?), I might consider upgrading to debian 6.0 - does anybody know whether bc will run fine there?

• I am preparing version 11.3.7.  It includes an additional feature of the MDI interface: manipulate the order of appearance of document tabs by drag-and-drop.  This feature was disabled in 11.3.5 because it caused a crash.  This crash is fixed and the feature is enabled in 11.3.7.  Possibly the same crash could occur in other situations on debian.

>since debian never was listed as supported, I don't file a support request

Thanks for being so considerate.  If the issue persists in version 11.3.7, feel free to commit a support request anyway.  Within reasonable effort we also aim to fix issues on distributions that are not officially supported.

• v11.3.5 is working fine here on debian wheezy and same before upgrade from previous testing

This discussion has been closed.