How to get Windows to open DWG in current Bricscad version?

My Windows Vista computer is always opening DWG files in Bricscad version 8, even though I now have version 11. I tried to right-click the file and use the "Open with" option, but that lists 3 different programs called "Bricscad Application", but I can't tell which version is which. If I then go with the "choose which program" option, the next window show the same three "Bricscad Application" without being able to discern which version is which.Finally, I try to browse to the correct Bricscad version, and select the bricscad.exe in the version 11 folder. However, even then it opens in version 8. Windows is getting confused over which version is which in its list of programs.I am sure uninstalling the earlier versions will resolve the problem. But, I have some Visual basic programs I wrote a few years ago. I am uncertain will run properly in the current version. Eventually I will uninstall the older versions, but not until I have a chance to confirm everything works well in v11.The other work-around is to just open files from within Bricscad after I have opened v11.I wonder if it would be good for Bricscad to label their program with the version. I.e. "Bricscad v11" to help Windows keep track of the versions.Any other suggestions for me?Joe Dunfee

Comments

This discussion has been closed.