AutoCAD Proxy Objects

I received a dwg file from a surveyor that has points.  Apparently they have attached attributes to the points (such as Code, Elevation and Description).

When I open up this drawing in Bricscad, the points and the information show up, but none of the information can be manipulated (I would like to make the text larger). 

Does anyone have any experience with Proxy Objects?  

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Some custom entities objects will allow transformBy to be used, in which case you might try using the scale command to enlarge the text. Other than that, there's not much you can do outside the application that created those entities

• I tried the SCALE command and it did not make the text larger, it just increased the distance between the text attributes.

Thanks

• Just a thought, but did you try changing the text height in the standard style? You will probable need to save and reopen.

• Duh! that won't work either, sorry : |

• When you edit a block with attributes and move or change things like the sie of the attributes, any existing blocks will not update.  Only new isertions will have the updated postion and sizes.

There are utilities that will automatically re-insert all blocks with attributes and copy the same attribute values. 

There is a utility that is part of the Bricscad free tools to do this.  Sorry, but I forgot the name.  There was a discussion about this within this current month. Search for my name or just "attributes" to find it.

Joe Dunfee

This discussion has been closed.