Any way to edit text without the automatic zoom?

I am editing a lot of labels of doors and windows on architectural drawings.  However when the automatic zoom and rotate takes place, I have a hard time keeping track of the label numbers I am copying.

I know I can set Bricscad to use an external editor, but I would rather edit in place.  Is there way to turn off the automatic zooming and rotating?

Joe Dunfee

Comments

• Could you provide a bit more information?  Are the labels text?  Are they mtext?  Are they block attributes?  What version of Bricscad?

• Sorry for not including these details in the first place.  It is Bricscad Pro version 11.2.11.  I am running this on Windows Vista. The text objects are MTEXT.

Joe Dunfee

• Sorry, I did not understand what "automatic zoom and rotate" means as applied to editing of MTEXt objects. Can you please explain?

- Rakesh Rao
    - http://rakeshrao.typepad.com

• In version 11, if you are zoomed very far out, when you double click on some MTEXT, Bricscad will automatically zoom closer into the area.  If the text is rotated more than around 45 degrees, Bricscad will also automatically rotate your view.

Normally this might be a desired feature, but because I am editing a lot of short mtext objects that are close to each other, I tend to get lost and forget which of the text objects I am editing.

Joe Dunfee

• That's occasionally a nuiscance for me, but never bothered to look for a setting to change it. You can still zoom with the mouse wheel with the mtext editor running - that sometimes helps.

• @Joe

If you change your MTEXTED setvar to NOTEPAD (which changes the editor for MTEXT to Windows Notepad), the zoom and view twist is eliminated.

(Just change the setvar back to . for the default internal editor).

Hope that helps

• I am just now getting familiar with new Table command.  In this case, the way the editor jumps around makes it very difficult to keep track of where you are on a table.

Please, Bricsys, add some way to turn this feature off.

Joe Dunfee

This discussion has been closed.