Problem with leaders in P-space being displayed "behind" model lines

Well the subject line pretty much says it all. I have a recurring issue with leaders that are created in paperspace being displayed as though they are behind the model. The really frustrating part is this issue is only affecting drawings done with a single template, other templates we have created don't seem to have this problem.  I have spent the last 6 hours examining the templates and I can not find anything that explains why one template displays leaders in front of the model the way it should be, and the other puts the leaders behind the model.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Comments

• Hi Eli,

You could check your PAGESETUP for that layout, and check whether "Plot Paperspace last" is on. This is should control whether paperspace objects are printed after mspace.

This won't have any effect on the visibility within Bricscad however. Wipeouts can affect visibility (use quick select to search for, or turn wipout frames on), but not in the way you describe.

If the issue is with a single template, you could try copying the objects across to working template and then save as a new template. This may also help narrow down what is causing the issue. e.g. maybe the paperspace vport.

The SETTINGS command allows you to export the current drawing and system settings out to a CSV. You could use this to compare settings between different drawings in Excel.

Otherwise you could raise a support request to Bricsys.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

• Thanks Jason, apparently it is critical which order the "Plot Paperspace Last" box gets clicked, if I click it first and then "Plot with Plotstyles" it works like it is supposed to, if those two get clicked in the other order the Bcad ignores the "plot Paperspace last". Yet another of those "amusing" little quirks that I keep discovering. Oh well I guess my time and frustration is worth a lot less than the $25,000/seat that Autocad licenses would cost. 

This discussion has been closed.