Autolisp function "acet-layerp-mode" availble in Bricscad 11 or not?

Hey,

I am new to BricsCad, so forgive me if I am missing out on some basics. 

I have a quite large lisp application, and currently exploring the possibilities to make it run on Bricscad, with a minimum of rewriting.

One of the first thing I come across is the acet-layep-mode function. My trial version says "Error no function definition" but according to a large pdf file I downloaded on Bricscad Customization it is included in the catalogue of lisp functions (on p 344).

Can anybody give me a hint to what I am doing wrong or push me in the right direction?

Best regards Carsten

Comments

• Hi Carsten,

acet-* functions are non standard LISP functions but dependent to extendedExpress Tools library. So, you will need to rewrite that portion using standard LISP.

Regards, Vaidas

• Hi Carsten,

Sounds like you have got hold of Customizing Bricscad V11 by Ralph Graboswski. I would raise a query with him, as it doesn't look to be included with Bricscad at this stage. I would suggest that you download the Bricscad Manuals This includes a developers reference listing available functions.

(acet-layep-mode) relates to LAYERPMODE, which tracks layer changes. When Layer Previous mode is on, changes made to layers are tracked. When Layer Previous mode is off, changes made to layers are no longer tracked. LAYERPMODE isn't currently supported in Bricscad.

Depending on the purpose of your routine you may be able to omit this call (maybe just checking whether it is on or off), or investigate using layerstates to acheive a similar result.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

• Hi Jason & Vaidas,

Thanks very much for your prompt reply. I will try to modify the code on this and see how far I get.

(Seems like Ralph Grabowski is ahead of BricsCad on this one)

BR Carsten

This discussion has been closed.