Generic Profile

So I am implementing Bricscad V12.1.5 across multiple computers in the office and I have hit a stumbling block.  I used my installation to create a new profile that references all of the office standard documents, such as menu folders, icons, font folders, and set a few things like installing custom tool bars and setting up autosave paths.  Users, after importing the profile can then customize to their heart's content and then export the profile back onto the server for safe keeping.  That is the idea anyway.

One pitfall that I have come across is that when I define some support paths, for instance C:\users\scottm\appdata\roaming\bricssys\... the user name transfers out in the template profile and then back in.  It isn't a huge deal, but it is causing me to spend extra time removing all the references for my user name and changing it with the other user's name after importing the profile.

Is there a way that I can make a template profile that automatically references the proper user's account - I am thinking running a simple lisp may help me to redefine these variables but there must be an easier way.  I did use to do this in Autocad, which is where the idea came from.

Comments

• Hi Scott,

I have a sample CAD Library for Bricscad on the resources section of my website. If you look in the profiles folder you will see some examples of how you can do this. Below is an excerpt from the Readme file

[code]To create a generic argument file search and replace on the following

FIND                    REPLACE
    --------------------------------------------
    C:\\Users\\jason        %USERPROFILE%
    jason                    %USERNAME%
    C:\\Program Files (x86)    %ProgramFiles%
    C:\\Program Files        %ProgramFiles%
    C:                        %SystemDrive%[/code]

Another thing to be aware of is that your argument file only needs to contain the things you want to set. Bricscad will substitute the default settings for anything that is missing.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

This discussion has been closed.