Collada interface

I recently stumbled over the ODA's announcement for a dwg-collada interface, right now in public beta.
Since Bricscad on Linux doesn't feature integrated rendering, I would expect Bricsys to make this option available to users ASAP - anybody else interested in this?

Comments

• Well,
    apparently nobody is.

I'm just wondering why:
    - because (linux) users want a (maybe more comfortable, but certainly less powerful) integrated rendering solution?
    - because (linux) users are happy with the existing export options?
    - because (linux) users don't use Bricscad for 3d anyway?
    - because (linux) users don't exist?
  • Ha - I like. Yes we are out here waiting patiently for developers to acknowledge a huge untapped market. Mostly they are on the Merry-go round of infinite updates and additions for the Windows users. But we live in hope ; )

I have not been using the Bridcscad 3d environment - preferring to stay with an opposition product that works well. However I am more and more comfortable with the Bricscad 2d environment. It is generating a lot of drawings for me. Future developments will determine if I expand my Bricscad use.

I would like to the software move away from emulating the Windows Bricscad and seek its fortunes elsewhere - in a manner that allows it to evolve into its own powerful state. We cannot compete with .Net and other Windows features. Give us someone with a vision for this product, and let them proceed.

• it isn't that I'm not interested in features for the Linux version.
    my biggest wish list right now is just to get a functional Linux V12.

I didn't comment because I addmittedly don't know the terminology.
    call it ignorance, call it old age.

but don't confuse it for not wanting a new Linux version.
  •  I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I just noticed that the windows version of Bricscad has TX modules in the install directory for Collada import and Export.  I'm guessing they must be beta-ish as they haven't made it to the release notes yet but maybe it is available in the linux version also?   I tried importing a 12meg file which seemed to import ok but being XML it was pretty slow.  The modules are named TD_ColladaExport.tx and TD_ColladaImport.tx.
  • Linux installs do not contain these modules, but thanks for the hint - maybe they will be in 13.2, whenever that may arrive.
    BTW, how did you figure out the actual command names - just by guessing, or is there a way to list commands defined in a .tx module?
  • I just guessed and used the auto complete on the command line:) I remember there being a utility to list available functions in brx modules but even if I could rember what it was called I don't know if it would work with tx. 
This discussion has been closed.