Bricscad crashes when editing materials

Since update to bricscad V12.1.7 the application crashes when I try to rename materials in drawing explorer.

All works good when i create new materials and the names are given by Bricscad application (e.g. Material 1, Material 2, etc.) but when i will change names of materials from "Material 1" to "Wood" the application becomes instabile:(  and crashes.

Does anybody have a similar experience or is there a work around?

Thanks for help.

Service Request is already sent to Bricsys.

Comments

• We are preparing an update release that will a.o. contain a fix for this issue.
    There is a workaround. The problem occurs because recently a check in the Drawing Explorer had been added to see if the renamed material was in use for any layers, so that the renaming could also be applied in the Layer explorer. This check must be suppressed in case  the Layer Explorer had not been opened before renaming the material, because in that case no Layer Explorer instance will exist yet...
    So the workaround is to open the Layer Explorer, and from there switch to the Material Explorer, thus making sure that a Layer Explorer instance exists, so the check can be executed without leading to a crash.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!