Using .NET 4.0 with V12x

Hi All,
i just want to use .NET 4.0 Framework for a project.
I read in the README.txt file in the    C:\Program Files (x86)\Bricsys\Bricscad V12\API\dotNet
of  Bricscad that.....

"....NET 4.0, this version is not officially supported:
However we realize that some may wish to use the newer framework for their applications.
In this case it's up to the developer to test for system requirements and necessary runtimes.
For convenience, we have provided a sample Bricscad.exe.config file and an example
  ( in C:\Program Files (x86)\Bricsys\Bricscad V12\API\dotNet\CsBrxMgd40 ) based on .NET 4.0 ..."

Could one please having already used .NET 4.0 explain more thorougly how to proceed ??
How and where to use the sample  Bricscad.exe.config file and the example based on .NET 4.0 ???

Best Regards
Konstantin

Comments

• The Bricscad.exe.config  file is in the install folder, pretty much all you need to do is open the file in any text editor,  uncomment the 4.0 entry and comment out the 2.0 entry ( make a backup ).   once changed, you should be able to netload .net 4.0 modules compiled with visual studio 2010.

Cheers

• Thanks Daniel !  It works!

Regards
  • Just be aware that after each Bricscad update you install, the original Bricscad.exe.config is replaced.
    That has caused me a few moments of confusion so far. :)

Arno van Eeuwen
  • Thanks a lot Arno ! I'll remember that....
    Greetings
This discussion has been closed.