ObjectSnap doesn't work with imported Surfaces !

Hi All,

ACIS Surfaces or imported ACIS Surfaces via the ACISIN command from
other CAD systems, do not react to ObjectSnap !
For example it is not possible to snap "nearest" to the edges of these Surfaces !
Is there any system variable to be activated for this ?  Any workaround ?
Please use the attached DWG to reproduce this behaviour.

Thank, Regards

Comments

• I think that what you are seeing is common for all entities that are not fully supported by Bricscad. You typically cannot change or snap to these entities. Also the Properties Bar will be almost empty. RText entities, for instance, have the same issues.
  • Hi Roy,

thanks for the Info !

It is very different though changing and snaping to not sopported entities.

It would be propably easier to enable snaping if the entities ARE already there,

just to be able to use them , otherwise it doesn't make any sense to import them !

Anyway...

Regards

Konstantin

• ... otherwise it doesn't make any sense to import them !

I disagree. If I receive a dwg from somebody else I want to see all entities that are in the drawing, even if they are not yet fully supported. Not displaying these entities would lead to a lot of confusion.
  • Yes of course...this is correct Roy !
    I have just expressed it in the wrong way...
    All I mean is that Object-snap is just very different from being able to EDIT not fully supported entities.
    Object-snap is simply the way to be able to associate(just that) such entities with fully supported objects and geometry !
    That's all.
    Besides the ACIS Surfaces can be created programmatically by the BRX and .NET API's, BUT NOT by user commands.
    So they are not fully supported in a strict sense, but they are full database resident objects !
    It is worth of consideration to activate Object-snap for all not fully supported entities !

This discussion has been closed.