Distance Measurement using Dynamic

Bricscad 12 Mandriva 2011

Guys, Dynamic mode gets little use on this system, and I wonder how much you use it. I would like to make more use of it. Distance measure is a feature that would be nice, and this post is seeking support and your comments on this idea. When we measure distance, and Dynamic mode is on - a nice text box with arrows appears telling us the measurement. However, despite the snap operating, we cannot use this number as it continues to change, while snap is still locked on.Is it the same for you on Windows ? I would like to see Distance measurement respect the snap and only show the actual distance number. Alternatively I would like to be able to turn on/off this feature, if this conflicts with other uses of Dynamic mode. What do you think ?

Comments

• Dynamic mode works the same in Windows.

I also have DynMode usually switched of:
    1. It can clutter the screen.
    2. The size of the arrows does not change with the zoom scale.
    3. It cannot be instantly switched off during a command. Which is annoying if you want to cycle through entity snaps or if it conflicts with command line input.

To use DynMode as an alternative for the distance command it would have to show delta X and delta Y. And also I would like to see the absolute X, Y and Z of both points. This would of course not improve issue #1. So I would be more in favour of a 'Dynamic' Distance+ID command instead.

• Thanks for the input. 

Dynamic mode can be another tool for Distance Measure. Traditionally we select Distance Measure, pick two points and refer to the command line. For those with Dynamic mode on Distance Measure immediately displays a textbox and arrows. If we select a point and then drag the cursor horizontally or vertically the distance value changes. This is nice but no value - we are forced back to the command line to get the correct distance. It can be Distance Measure simplified if you like to change the behavior of the Dynamic tool to read the snap distance. Hell this would be a good use for Dynamic as it may get little use otherwise. Re xyz values, these could still be retreived from the command line, reason being the problem of clutter when trying to display all of this information.

This discussion has been closed.