how do change edit text box size?

"Edit text" in the text box size and text size have very small,

Comments

• What is your monitor resolution?
  • 1920x1080 monitor resolution, but we need big box editbox size, how do ıt?

I idea writing a simple dcl and lisp files for edit text..

Thanks.

• How about clicking one of the edges or corners of the text edit box and dragging it till the box has the desired width?
  • Mmm, I notice that the new size is not remembered. We will improve that in one of the upcoming releases.
  • Please help , texts very small... monitor resolution 1920x1080..
  • Meanwhile BricsCAD has been adapted so it stores and reuses the most recently used size of the Edit Text dialog.
    So this is not what your question is about?

Is it about the size of the font that is used?
    I think this text box uses the default system font, so you try increasing this font.
  • ı did change default system font, but edit box font nothing change.. see attachment.
    imagefont.jpg
  • please see,
     maybe basic a lisp and dcl file for Edit text command..
  • @ Engin: have you tried changing your displays DPI settings? Note: Changing the DPI setting will influences the entire system.
    Info for XP:
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/display_use_large_or_small_fonts.mspx

I have created a small Lisp routine that may work for you. But the font options for DCL dialogs are limited.
    There are just two options:
    fixed_width_font = false; (same font as in the BricsCAD dialog)
    fixed_width_font = true;
    On my system the last option looks bigger which is why I have used it here.

AltEdit.zip

imageAltEdit.png
  • @ Engin: have you tried changing your displays DPI settings? Note: Changing the DPI setting will influences the entire system.
    Info for XP:
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/display_use_large_or_small_fonts.mspx

I have created a small Lisp routine that may work for you. But the font options for DCL dialogs are limited.
    There are just two options:
    fixed_width_font = false; (same font as in the BricsCAD dialog)
    fixed_width_font = true;
    On my system the last option looks bigger which is why I have used it here.

ı did chage DPI settings. lisp files font a little better than before. Do  just start to use LSP and DCL file this time..

Vielen Dank

imagesample.jpg
  • I would write a replacement text edit function in Opendcl if I needed to do this.  opendcl.com  The textbox element in opendcl allows setting the point size of the text. 
  •  @Engin:
    Have you tried the free text editor by Mansur Mamkin? It's called MtmdEdit and is available in the free tools section of the Bricscad website. You can display whatever font & size you want inside the text editor. I've found this editor to be invaluable for several dozen reasons. The native editor is comparatively like having only a bent screwdriver when you need a whole toolbox. Available for both 32 + 64-bit versions of Bricscad.
  •  @Engin:
    Have you tried the free text editor by Mansur Mamkin? It's called MtmdEdit and is available in the free tools section of the Bricscad website. You can display whatever font & size you want inside the text editor. I've found this editor to be invaluable for several dozen reasons. The native editor is comparatively like having only a bent screwdriver when you need a whole toolbox. Available for both 32 + 64-bit versions of Bricscad.

thanks @Greg Hahn ,

Good a text editor...easy editing of DTEXT, MTEXT objects and dimension text use "TE" command

http://www.mtmlab.ru/download/

This discussion has been closed.