rendering problem

Any can help? If i using Bricscad V12 to open this file it only show the dimension line the object cant show at all but if using autocad to open there is no problem. This drawing is from customer. Kindly help.

Comments

• Hi Eric,

Looks to me that the drawing was created in a AutoCAD vertical, such as AutoCAD Mechanical. You need the appropriate object enablers to be able to see the generated part. This type of thing is a real pain. I believe Bricsys has included enablers for Architectural with V12, but none of the others. Options?
    • If you have the AutoCAD vertical (go back to the person that supplied you the file), you can go to the file menu and select Export to AutoCAD, which will convert the drawing to vanilla AutoCAD.
    • In AutoCAD you can use DWGConvert /Etransmit  to save to an earlier version, such as 2000 or R14. Then open using Bricscad. Note if you don't have AutoCAD you can do the same thing using DWG TrueView (free), which includes DWGConvert.
    • In AutoCAD you can also use ACISOUT to export the 3D object out as a .SAT file, then in Bricscad you can use ACISIN to import.
    Attach examples of generating a .SAT file, and using DWGConvert.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

S11240.satS11240.zip

• Hi Jason,

I cant open the ".SAT" file but the ".dwg" file is ok.
    Thank for you help.
  • To import a .SAT file you run the ACISIN command, and select the file to import. Requires Bricscad Pro or Platinum.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

• Hi Jason,

Problem that i cant download the .SAT file so i cant import. When i click on the link that you attach it show as the picture i attach.
    imagesat.jpg
  • Hi Eric,

Understand the problem. .SAT is a text file, so the browser defaults to viewing it. try right clicking on the link and selecting "Save link As", "Save target as" , or whatever you browser uses to save the link to file. this will download instead of opening.

You can generate ACIS files in Bricscad using the ACISOUT command. This can be useful to export to other applications, say for 3Dprinting or machining.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

• i save it already but also cant be open. The use acisin. Error message

"Modeling operation error:
    operation unsuccessful
    ERROR: Failed to load the file."
  • FWIW: I have no problem with the .sat file.

This discussion has been closed.