background mask in Mtext

Hi

When I open the properties of some Mtext  and

I change background mask option to "Yes"  & Choose the "use drawing background colour", (my background colour is black)

I get a black mask over the text & background when I print.

Using MText properties, is there any way of just masking the linework behind the Mtext with no printed background?

thanks

Peter Cooke

Comments

• Hi Peter,

The method you're using should work. Are you printing to PDF, or direct to a printer? Some PDF printers struggle with background masks / wipeouts. If this is your problem try changing to a different PDF printer.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

• Thanks Jason,

No It happens when sent to any printer

I've tried pasting the text into an empty drawing,

then printing, same result

although if I don't apply a ctb or stb to it, I do get the mask

so, do I need to change my Plot style table so that the colour of my background doesn't print?

• Also tick "use drawing background color" do not choose black, or try choosing colour 255 wich should be the same.  Both work for me with and without cbt. 255 doesn´t look good on screen. tested in 12.2.7

Cheers / Patrik

• Tried both suggestions......

same result here, I'm in Ver 12.9

also tried changing background to white & mask to colour 255 and  also "use drawing background colour"

• I'm experiencing the same thing. Everything looks good in paperspace. All of the background masks appear black in plot preview and plots.
This discussion has been closed.