printing images

While trying to print a jpeg (raster image) my print preview shows everything that needs to be printed and looks good.
However when I print to the plotter the file comes out with a big portion missing. We have tried using other computers and the file
comes out with patches missing. Also have tried printing to a pdf and still does not work correctly. I have also tried reducing the size of the
image and this does not work either.

does anyone have any suggestions.

Comments

• Just an idea, try print to PDF using other software like "Cute PDF" (I'm using this one for a years).

Regards, Vaidas
  • While it may not be a problem with the newest plotters, there was a time a few years ago when plotters were sold with some empty memory slots so that you could add memory.  Missing objects on output was a symptom of insufficient memory and adding/maxing out the memory usually fixed it.  I believe most raster plotter designs do require that they build the entire output before beginning the plot.

Again, if you have a very new plotter this may not apply.
  • As Terry stated, it sounds like a memory problem.
    My legacy plotter has this issue, solved by using computer's memory (vs. plotter's)
    What OS are you using, how much memory does your plotter have, what is the file size of your raster image?
  • HI there
    For me ,i usually print the image using an Imaging SDK ,which is designed to offer fast and document viewing, manipulation, saving, printing and scanning toolkit without the need to download any additional controls.But i also want to know is there any image program which is possible to print multipage image at one time?
    Thanks for any suggestion.
This discussion has been closed.