Loosing toolbars and shortcuts

Bricscad V12.2 on Fedora 17 VM.

I keep loosing my toolbar and shortcut mods that I create when first setting up Bricscad. Any suggestions on what I might back up in the case of Bricscad overwriting my settings ? Tried creating a new default cui, but when I reload this it simply returns me to the defaults for all the toolbars, background etc.

Comments

• same here.

once i get it usable, I'm afraid to make changes and lose it all.

• Still going on this one. When I copied the config file (named config) to the support directory, and restarted, the toolbars appeared in the correct place. So some improvement.
  • Maybe you could avoid such problems by using a menu with a different name instead of customizing default.cui (just a guess, though).

• My attempt to copy the config file to support lasted one session only. I am back to the start. Not sure what is happening to the .cui file. I have attempted to save my settings and reload them, but I get the defaults once again. We may be better off staying with v12.1 for a while yet. I have had several crashes in v12.2. The software is still beta.
  • I tried to reproduce with a simple modification of toolbars and shortcuts by using the customize dialog.  When I hit apply, close the dialog, close and reopen bricscad, the changes remain.

There is one issue I am aware of: dragging/showing/hiding toolbars directly is not persistent.
    The customize dialog has to be used to change position of toolbars persistently.
    Fixing this has been postponed until wxwidgets upgrade.
    Work on upgrading wxwidgets (to 2.9.x) has been started already and is expected to finish during V13 lifetime.

>Tried creating a new default cui...
    Perhaps it gets overwritten with the original default.cui in opt/bricsys/bricscad/v12/UserDataCache/Support/en_US/ ?
    You could modify default.cui in opt, but then it would be overwritten when installing a new version.  The hint by Knut Hohenberg to use a cui file with different name makes sense.

Toolbar positions are not stored in the cui file, but in the config file.
    Mind that changes to the config file are saved only when closing bricscad.  If bricscad crashes for some reason, all modifications of the current session are lost.  If you change a lot of settings on first run of bricscad, I advice to first close and reopen bricscad before carrying on with other work.  Also, if you change toolbar positions in the customize dialog, on hitting OK, the toolbar positions are not stored on file yet.
This discussion has been closed.