unable to load Microsoft Comdlg32.ocx Common Dialog Control

Hi,

I've got my old V5 converted to the V12 and is up and running but....

I'm not able to use any Microsoft Common Controls: after getting the control in my Toolbox, I cannot place or use it.

It says: "The control could not be created because it is not properly licensed"

I'm working under Win7 x64 in Bricsys V12 with the ComDLG32.ocx. Is this a x64 problem? Any solutions ?

Thanks.

arjen

Comments

• Apart from the message «The control could not be created because it is not properly licensed» ...., issues with «ComDLG32.ocx» are common for x64. Make sure you refer to 32 bits OCX's when the used BricsCAD (or any other application with VBA) is 32 bits! (Maybe the license issue is also related to unsupported mixing of 32 and 64 bits ...)

For in process use of dll's and ocx's the rule is: use 32 bits dll's/ocx's when your application is 32 bits, use 64 bits dll's/ocx's when your application is 64 bits.
  •  Thanks, Joris.

Much appreciated

a.

• When an application requires comdlg32.ocx , Windows will check the application and system folders for this .ocx file. Learn how to install https://unfitpc.com/comdlg32-ocx. Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered a file is missing or invalid.

This discussion has been closed.