paper space viewport - change back to plan view

Hi all,
How do you "reset" a view you rotated in paper space. I typed "tw" and chose 0. The view is correct, HOWEVER, the axis is still skewed. What am I missing?

Thanks, 

Comments

• Randy, try SNAPANG and set the angle to 0.
  •  Hi Randy:

Not too sure what the TW command does, but it sounds like it has modified the current User Coordinate System (UCS).  If you need to change the orientation of a viewport, or the side of an object that you are looking at through the viewport you first need to set the UCS of that viewport and then use the plan command to align the viewport's view to the current UCS.  To do this, make sure the viewport is unlocked by using the properties, then double click inside the viewport so that you are working in model space from the viewport.  Next, run the UCS command and adjust as required, to reset the viewport to default, choose the World option.  Hit enter and exit the UCS ommand, now run the Plan command while still in model space through the viewport and choose the Current option.  Your viewport should now zoom extents, and rotate itself to align to the current UCS.  You can now flick back to paperspace, and set the scale of your viewport.

Scott
  •  thanks Scott. I typed in UCS that got met the options of: UCS/World/. I picked UCS and the axis was still skewed, HOWEVER, the linework in the viewport was correctly oriented. So, I typed UCS again, this time I picked WORLD. This time another prompt came up,  I typed "UCS" and this prompt came up, "Specify origin of UCS or Face/NAmed/Entity/Previous/View/X/Y/Z/ZAxis/Move: world"

I picked world, VOILA! The axis is back to normal!

Thanks for the help! I'm still fuzzy on how to setup the WCS/UCS, but I'll keep reading!
  • I've been fuzzy on Acad's implementation of UCS since it was introduced over 20 years ago.
  •  The coordinate system is a fairly complex beast, especially if you look into using the trans lisp function.  There are in fact four difference coordinate systems - the WCS, the UCS, the DCS (current model space viewport or current viewport display coordinate system) and the OCS (object coordinate system - which is usually equivalent to the WCS)...  I have yet to have a full understanding of how these all relate.
This discussion has been closed.