Printing other line types

When I use line types other than continuous, it looks and prints like continuous in paper space.  I have checked the VP linetype to make sure it matches the model space type.  How can I change this?

Comments

• Hi Joseph,

Check your LTSCALE, and PSLTSCALE settings.

LTSCALE is the global scale factor for linestyles
    PSLTSCALE if ON will scale the linetype by the viewports scale factor, so the linetype will display the same across all viewports.

Other things to check:
    • Is that the objects in the drawing haven't had a specific linetypescale applied to them. If you look at the _PROPERTIES of the objects  you would expect to see their linetype scale set to 1.
    • That your not mixing linetypes definitions. Most common (happens in old drawings prior to existence of _MEASUREMENT) is to pull in linetypes from the imperial default.lin file, then later pull in linetypes from the metric iso.lin file. These have are different to each other by a factor of 25.4.
    Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

• Thanks!  the PSLTSCALE was set to on.  Once I turned it off, linetypes printed correctly.
  • Also, check the setting for VIEWRES inside each viewport.
    Sometimes we inherit an old file, and VIEWRES for a viewport will be set to 100 instead of 20000.
    This was the default for old versions of Autocad (v12,v14, etc.)

If set to a low value, circles will look like polygons, and some dashed lines will be drawn as continuous,
    but only in a particular viewport, or only when plotting. It won't be consistent.

This variable was changed from a global variable to one different for each viewport (and paperspace, and modelspace)
    from Autocad v11 to Autocad v12. It drove us nuts for several weeks.
This discussion has been closed.