3D device - 3D Connexion support

Are there any news about compatibilty of 3d devices and Bricscad? Now with the new features of direct modelling and so on it would be nice if there also would be a way to use a 3d divice like space navigator or space pilot by 3d connexion.

Comments

• Hi Uwe,

your quite right, having access to tools like 3D mice is important to those that want to take advantage of Bricscads new 3D modelling features. I would raise a support request with Bricsys on this. I note that 3D Connex offer a SDK for developers wanting support for their product.

In the meantime you could try something like http://www.autohotkey.com/, which is an amazing tool to allow you to redefine your keyboard to run macros. I've created some hotkeys using this that will toggle through set 3D Vpoints and UCS.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

• Thanks for your reply.

I did send a request to Bricsys support. I will post any news and infos i get here.

• Answer of Support Request for 3D device and Bricscad:

"We agree it would be nice to have support for 3D devices in Bricscad, so it's definitely something we plan to pursue. We'll be looking into this further to estimate the effort involved."

So i will wait for using my Space Navigator in Bricscad soon:)))

• Hi
    I´m using a 3d conexion Space Navigator. But sometimes I just want to draw 2D. Is there a shortcut to turn it off temporarily in the drawing?
    Hans F
  • I use 3dConnexion SpacePilot mk1 all the time in 3D Brics - no probs, excellent.
  • NICE TO HEAR THAT YOU ALSO LIKE THE SPACENAVIGATOR.
    BUT IS IT POSSIBLE TO TURN IT OFF AND ON EASILY WITHOUT DISCONNECTING THE DEVICE?
This discussion has been closed.