opensuse 12.2 x86-64 dependencies

So if somebody try to install bricscad @openSUSE 12.2 x86-64 system, before you can run bricscad you should install this packages
[code]sudo zypper install libpng12-0-32bit Mesa-libGLU1-32bit libgthread-2_0-0-32bit libgtk-2_0-0-32bit cups-libs-32bit fontconfig-32bit[/code]
also after upgrading to openSUSE 12.2 I got crashes(segfaults) at print dialog opens. Please confirm if any.

Comments

• I just installed oS 12.2 in an old celeron 64-bit machine I had not used for a couple of years, with an ATI Xpress 200 onboard video card running the opensource radeon driver and LXDE - nice light DE, by the way, and good enough for common tasks.

Installed Bricscad 12.2.16-2 and dependencies. Program start OK but when first drawing a line it segfaults (typed commands in bold):
    [code]:~> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/bricsys/bricscad/v12 gdb /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v12/bricscad
    GNU gdb (GDB) SUSE (7.4.50.20120603-2.1.2)
    Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later
    This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
    There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
    and "show warranty" for details.
    This GDB was configured as "x86_64-suse-linux".
    For bug reporting instructions, please see:
    Reading symbols from /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v12/bricscad...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
    (gdb) run
    Starting program: /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v12/bricscad
    [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
    Using host libthread_db library "/lib64/libthread_db.so.1".

(bricscad:2054): Gtk-WARNING **: Não foi possível localizar a ferramenta de temas no module_path: "clearlooks",
    (bricscad:2054): Gtk-WARNING **: Não foi possível localizar a ferramenta de temas no module_path: "clearlooks",
    Detaching after fork from child process 2057.
    Detaching after fork from child process 2058.
    Detaching after fork from child process 2059.
    Detaching after fork from child process 2060.
    [New Thread 0xe5378b40 (LWP 2061)]

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
    0xee10ef25 in FT_Add_Module () from /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6
    Missing separate debuginfos, use: zypper install bricscadv12-debuginfo-12.2.16-1.i386
    (gdb)
    [/code]

So it seems to be the same issue discussed here.

What worked for me was to extract the i586 libfreetype lib (and link) from openSUSE 12.1 standard libfreetype6-2.4.7-6.1.i586.rpm and put these files in /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v12, as recommended in post 15 of the forum thread above.

After that I can draw the line and print OK, no crash on print dialog. Of course, I installed a printer driver first - in my case, cups-pdf.

YMMV.
  • [code]
    ~> LANG=en_EN LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/bricsys/bricscad/v12 gdb /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v12/bricscad
    GNU gdb (GDB) SUSE (7.4.50.20120603-2.1.2)
    Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later
    This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
    There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
    and "show warranty" for details.
    This GDB was configured as "x86_64-suse-linux".
    For bug reporting instructions, please see:
    Reading symbols from /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v12/bricscad...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
    (gdb) run
    Starting program: /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v12/bricscad 
    [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
    Using host libthread_db library "/lib64/libthread_db.so.1".

(process:5377): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

(process:5377): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
            Using the fallback 'C' locale.

(bricscad:5377): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "oxygen-gtk",

(bricscad:5377): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "oxygen-gtk",
    Detaching after fork from child process 5380.
    Detaching after fork from child process 5381.
    Detaching after fork from child process 5382.
    [New Thread 0xe11cab40 (LWP 5383)]
    [New Thread 0xe04deb40 (LWP 5384)]

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
    0xee107f25 in FT_Add_Module () from /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6
    Missing separate debuginfos, use: zypper install bricscadv12-debuginfo-12.2.16-1.i386
    (gdb) 
    [/code]
    does not matter what printer is.
    Thank you for your advise, I'll try to copy libfreetype6 library in /bricscad/installed/dir/
  • This helped me with bricscadv12 segfault on Ubuntu 12.10 (quantal):
    [code]
    wget http://mirrors.us.kernel.org/ubuntu//pool/main/f/freetype/libfreetype6_2.4.8-1ubuntu2_i386.deb
    dpkg -x libfreetype6_2.4.8-1ubuntu2_i386.deb ./
    sudo cp usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libfreetype.so.6* /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v12/
    [/code]
    Thank you for advice.
  • OpenSuse 12.2

"Installed Bricscad 12.2.16-2 and dependencies. Program start OK but when first drawing a line it segfaults (typed commands in bold):"

Similar outcome here. Any attempt to draw a line causes a crash. I went to the previous install (OpenSuse 12.1) and attempted to copy libfreetype.so.6 to the new setup (OpenSuse 12.2) but the problem persists.

Any ideas ?

• Check your freetype lib version more carefully? AFAIR the problematic one was version 6-2.4.9 (and if I'm not mistaken it is the one in 12.1), downgrading to 6-2.4.7 worked.

YMMV...

• Where do we find the appropriate repo ?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!