Command line Prompt

Has anybody else noticed that, after running some lisp routines, the command line prompt changes.  I haven't been able to pin down exactly which commands do it, or why as it does not happen to me consistently, or with the same lisp.  I am running BricsCAD on V12.1.18 (happened in earlier versions too) on Windows 7.  If I monitor the Prompt prefix variable (CMDLNTEXT) is remains as "Command:" however sometimes the prefix totally disappears or reads "cancel", "select entity:", "opposite corner:" among others.  the last routine that I ran is in the code box if somebody would like to give it a go type D1R to draw a linear, rotated dimension that snaps...

I have a feeling the issue is somewhere in my code, but I am not sure...

[code]

(defun ScottDimError (Msg)
  (princ Msg)
  (princ "\nCOMMAND EXITED")
  (ScottResetOsnaps)
  (ScottResetsnap)
  (princ)
)

(defun ScottSaveOSnaps ()
  (setq posmode (getvar "osmode"))
  (setvar "osmode" 0)
)

(defun ScottResetOsnaps ()
  (setvar "osmode" posmode)
)

(defun ScottSaveSnap ()
  (setq psnapmode (getvar "snapmode"))
  (setvar "snapmode" 1)
)

(defun ScottResetsnap ()
  (setvar "snapmode" psnapmode)
)

(defun c:d1r (/ *Error*)
  (setq *Error* ScottDimError)
  (princ "\n")
  (princ "\nROTATED DIMENSION")
  (setq pt1 (getpoint "\nSELECT FIRST POINT: "))
  (setq pt2 (getpoint pt1 "\nSELECT SECOND POINT: "))
  (ScottSaveSnap)
  (ScottSaveOSnaps)
  (command  ".dimlinear" pt1 pt2 "r" pt1 pt2 pause)
  (ScottResetOsnaps)
  (ScottResetsnap)
  (princ)
)

[/code]

Comments

• This may be the cause of your problem:

From the Bricscad Release Notes:
    Version 12.2.9:
    SR31967, SR33315, SR34076, SR34272 - LISP, SDS: when using pause in lisp or sds, and the command was started by pressing ENTER on the (docked) command line, the last GUI message (e.g. left mouse button pressed) was processed a second time after finishing the lisp or sds command.

To test this you can try using SPACE instead of ENTER to confirm your commands.
    If this is indeed the cause then upgrading to the latest Bricscad version (V12.2.17) will solve your problem.

•  Hi Roy,

Thank you for the reply...

I fired up Bricscad this morning V12.2.18, when using right click, space or enter to start the command and everything worked as expected, however, the error I am experiencing seems to be hit and miss...   I should mention that in my first post I made a typo, I mentioned version 12.1.18 but it should have been V12.2.18...  Maybe a restart of the computer over the weekend has resolved the issue - I have noticed that Bricscad is acting up on me and a restart of the software usually fixes it (highlight on, but entites do not highlight when selected is one that comes to mind).  I will post back if the command line goes wonky again...
This discussion has been closed.