Which Plotter is Best / Supportet by Bricscad?

Hello Forum,
i want to buy an 24" or 42" Printer within optimal quality and best results.

Which Model is recommended?

THX Andy

Comments

• Ink jet or laser?  I believe that any printer with a Windows driver will work.  I have a Kip 3000 which works well with Bricscad.
  • Where I am there is little choice in base models outside HP, I can say my dj110plus with a roll feed is fine for my small office. I like the smaller model HP printers less and if this one is not used regularly it tends to initially forget what's it's doing.

Soon after I bought it PDF's became popular and my plotter had less work to do, although I use the A3 tray often. ~400x300mm.

Now the shop where I bought it has pretty much moved on to selling huge 'industrial' models.

•  I purchased a Canon iPF755 almost 2 years ago - love it!  Haven't had any issues with the drivers, it's fast, and gives me everything I need for my one-person office.
  • Hi and Thanks for all of your knowledge.

@Alan: Is an iPF755 not a little too much/big for a one-man-office? :-)

The Support say´s that any printer should work fine.
    Large-Format-Printer are supportet by there Windows-Compatible-Drivers too.

Once more thanks to any

Have a good time.

Andy

•  @Andy:  I need to plot 30x42 sheets as well as 24x36, plus I was able to get it at a fraction of the cost of a new one!  I have had an HP DJ330 and an HP 450C but both were WAY too slow to be effective at anything other than a few check prints.  The iPF755 is fast enough that I can print a set of drawings almost as fast as a reprographics shop can.

Good luck!
  • any chance of getting my ol' Calcomp 1025 working?

• Give it up, Keith. When this 'second hand Rose' / appreciator of classics asks why, it's time to move on.

• Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

LOL
  • Give it up, Keith. When this 'second hand Rose' / appreciator of classics asks why, it's time to move on.

I tried to give mine to the local High School for their drafting course, they would not accept it.....
  • @ Keith,

maybe try http://www.winline.com ? States support for the Calcomp. Note I haven't tried this myself, just came up in a google search.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

• Cool!

I'd forgotten about that
  • I would recommend a Canon.  We have an iPF700 and an iPF500, we have no problems with BCAD.  The 7xx series is very reasonably priced and the quality is superb!  It also has a fairly small footprint,  I previously had an HP, it was a beast, that took up far too much space.
This discussion has been closed.