Annoying Dialog Box

Beginning with release 12.2.17 somebody decided to add a new "feature" to Bricscad.  Whenever you change an entity to a layer that's been turned off, you now get a dialog box informing you of the fact.  The dialog box must be acknowledged to close it.  This is totally useless, and a waste of time on my part.  I just installed 12.2.18, and this behavior is still there.  Does anyone know how to turn this off?  I've been scanning all the system variables, but I don't see anything that appears to be related.

Thanks for any help.

Dave

Comments

•  I too would like to suppress that prompt, but can't find a way to do it either, the EXPERT variable settings don't seem to have an effect...
  • I sent in this issue as a support request, and the answer I received is that the "feature" is now in AutoCAD.  So, they added it to Bricscad.  There isn't a setting to turn it off.   I suggested adding a "Don't show me this again" check box to the dialog box.  Support said they would consider it for a future release.  However, they just released V13 today, so we will not get this in V12.
  • Yes, I received that same answer about others questions... but why BC should "take" the AutoCAD's annoying behaviours but no others useful? I am waiting -e.g.- still that the relative coordinates are displayed during polygon constructions... as the old "little" Autocad_2000_LT!
    Yes, they have a lot of works to do but, some times, I feel that they aren't likely to follow our suggestions or it may be that is too difficult...
    However I think that they are doing grow the BricsCad a lot!

• I'd like to add my name to those who would like a way to turn off this pop-up.  Just because Autodesk adds something is no reason that Bricscad has to have an exact duplicate -- Autodesk is not known for making the best decisions for their customers.  Having an optional pop-up is OK, but this gets irritating very quickly when your see the pop-up 30 or more times a day.
  • If this is to be the official petition; then +1 for scrapping the dialog. 
  •  I sign the petition too :)
  • Ok, we give in ;-)

...and while we're at it: any other message dialogs that are considered a nuisance?
  • Thank you.

I don't know of other dialogs.  I know that there are a number of lisp commands that print to the command line that cannot be suppressed with cmdecho = 0 or with nomutt = 1.  The most recent case was with the layer command.  -LAYER "C" "T" prints "Available colors are 1-255, or truecolor R,G,B values, or you can enter a color name (red, blue, etc.)."  That might be OK when run from the command line but there should be a way to suppress printing that line when the layer command is called in a lisp routine.  This is another case where Autocad does something that does not make good sense, and Bricscad is trying to be compatible and does the same.  To insure compatibility maybe the best approach would be to add a new variable SUPERNOMUTT than stops all automatic printing to the command line.
This discussion has been closed.