Applying plot styles to paper space views.

I have a problem with the trial version of V13, and also had with trial version of V12, which I why I'm still using V11. We do all our drawing work (Architectural) in 3D and then use various paper space views to show various elements plans etc. from that one model. All the dimensions, text and occasionally detail are added later in paper space.
Up to V11 the plot style would act on both the model and paper space elements equally but in V12 and V13 the elements in paper space are rendered correctly (in our method of working the colours always represent the same pen weight, i.e. we use the first six colours to represent the six pen weights from 0.13mm - 0.7mm because we remember the days of pen draughting) but those in the paperspace views render in colour.
I can work on drawings in V13, save and re-open in V11 and they plot out OK.
Since I can't be the only person to work this way, there must be a simple setting somewhere, but I can't find it. Any pointers would be most appreciated.

Comments

• I think your problem may be related to the introduction of Visual Styles in V12. I have tried applying several views, each with its own visual style, to an active PS viewport but was not able to come up with a solution. The only visual style that does not have this problem seems to be 2dWireFrame. But it is unlikely that you want to use that style. Please note that I have very little 3D experience.
  • @ Roy,
    I don't know what version of BricsCAD you have, but I notice on the Comparison page that Classic has limited support for Visual Styles (no rendering). I assume if you were using Classic, that you would be able to manipulate Visual Styles via say LISP, but wouldn't necessarily be able to see the results. If you have Pro or Platinum, then this comment doesn't apply. Also doesn't apply in Ralph's case, as he is trialling V13, which will be Platinum.

@Ralph
    Would it be possible for you to _eTransmit and attach one of your drawings as an example? May help to track down where the issue lies.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

• I have tested with 12.2.18 Pro.
  • Are the paperspace viewports using 2dwireframe?
    I'm not sure if the difference between Classic and Pro is important here. Visual styles are an extension of the SHADEMODE property, and shademodes are also available in Classic. The thing is, not all shademodes, or visual styles, should use stylesheets, and in V12 we made some corrections for that. Unfortunately some people really did want to, say, display and print their hidden line views (SHADEMODE hidden) with stylesheets, and they couldn't anymore. the property Shadeplot addresses this limitation in V13.
This discussion has been closed.