Bricscad v13 - screen flashes to black when "3D Context" is selected

I'm demoing v13 and have problems.  Video is fine with "2D Context", but with "3D Context", it the screen stays black unless the mouse (or it's scroll wheel) is moved; then it "flashes" the drawing.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzOlrsCX9cw&feature=youtu.be

Computer is Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit operating system, 4 GB memory, Intel Core 2 quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.5 GHz.  Bricscad V13 demo installed and run without any changes to the settings.

I'd appreciate any suggestions to avoid this problem.  Thanks!

Comments

•  I'm not on windows anymore, so I can't really assist, but also for others to help with OpenGL problems, you would at least have to mention your graphics hardware and driver.
    But maybe checking out different values for Bricscad's GLSWAPMODE variable (can be set via the GUI: settings  / program options / display) will already get you going.
  • Computer manufacturer's spec page says video is:
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100
    "Up to 256MB" video memory
    GPU Interface: Integrated
    Display Interface:  1 x VGA

Thanks Knut!
  • Sounds like an unsupported configuration - the only officially supported intel chips are  'GMA 4000 family' (according to the system requirements).
    I'm also waiting for Bricscad to run fully on embedded intel graphics (on linux, for my part), this has kept me from upgrading to v12, and I hope this issue will be solved during V13 lifetime.
    If the hardware-accelerated rendering modes don't work on your machine, you are stuck with the legacy view modes (hidden, flat or gouraud shaded), which are terribly slow.
    Wireframe mode works, however, and as a drafting solution, the classic version is always worth the money...

•  Your first email tipped me off, and I found the same problem.  A new graphics card should take care of it.  Thank you for your help!
This discussion has been closed.