Grid lineweight (gets thick w/lineweights on)

If I turn on lineweight display (Settings->Drawing->Drafting->Display/Viewing->Lineweights->Lineweight Display), which appears to be required to have lines display as anything other than a single pixel wide thing, then the grid gets thick, too.  Is there anyway to turn on lineweights and still have a fine grid display? I can reduce the ugliness of it by setting the lineweight display scale to 0.55, then everything is out of scale!  Or put another way: I want lineweight to display in scale (display scale =1) but the grid to stay thin.

Robert

Comments

• I always leave LWDISPLAY off in model space, so I may well miss something, but my understanding of lineweight display is as follows:

Line width in model tab will never be 'to scale' (correspond to drawing units), regardless of the LWDISPSCALE value: instead, objects are drawn with a fixed pixel width that doesn't change with the zoom factor. Increasing LWDISPSCALE will only change the mapping from printed linewidth to display linewidth in a way that also thinner lines get the maximum display width.

If you want to see lineweight roughly as printed, you have to switch to a layout tab, where LWDSPSCALE has no effect.
    This is in line with (at least the documented) behavior of AutoCAD, and IMO thickening the grid when LWDISPSCALE is set to a high value can be regarded as feature, since there is really no need to do so (I still find it a bit irritating, too)
This discussion has been closed.