Arial font won't plot

Ubuntu Linux 12.04/ BricsCad  13.1.14 build id 41822 revision 28381
NVIDIA graphics cards

I am using a drawing with several different fonts.  I have been trying to create a PDF export.  When I do, text created in Arial isn't visible in the PDF.  Text on the same layer in Roman-S, Roman-D, or Simplex is visible.  All of these texts are on thawed, visible, plotting layers, the same layer in fact.  

Likewise exploding Arial text (BAD! BAD CAD MONKEY!  NO! NO COFFEE FOR YOU!)  makes it visible in the PDF export.  Not a good practise.  

What is going on here?  

Comments

• Try adjusting the settings to export fonts as geometry. You can access the export options from the "File" drop down menu.

I have found other mscorefonts to be problematic and stopped using them. There are other posts on that. Liberation fonts work fine and I think one of them might be designed to replace Arial in terms of size and spacing. You'll need to investigate that if you're interested.

• Guys,
    ttf output to pdf is simply not working on linux.
    If you use pdf export, you have to set 'Pdf TTF text as geometry' to convert the fonts to vectors (or just print to cups-pdf).
    I filed a SR long ago which is in 'fix scheduled' state, but I didn't get a clear statement if this is going to happen within v13 lifetime.
This discussion has been closed.