Disappearing Programs and Cursor Ghosts

Hello All:

After recently seeing what is in store for me with Windows 8, and the need for a new laptop, I have decided that now is the perfect time to swap over to Linux (Ubuntu 12.10). I have BricsCAD 13.1.14 up and running but have noticed a few things... 

If I am running BricsCAD on the current desktop and open the system settings window, when I move my cursor towards the system settings window, the system settings window drops back and BricsCAD jumps to the front.  I have noticed that if I move my mouse from the drawing area and try to get onto the system settings window, the window disappears, if I move the mouse onto the system settings window without crossing my cursor over the drawing area, I can access the window.  Anybody else notice a similar issue?  There are other windows that this happens with as well, such as the file explorer window.

I am also noticing that after clicking in the drawing window the cross hairs ghost themselves until I click again, at which point a ghost of the cross hairs appears at the last click point.  This does not happen consistently...

I can work around these issues, but I am just curious if some others are experiencing similar problems.

Comments

• Hi Scott,

I think the way the bricscad window is stealing focus from other application windows when hoovering the mouse above it, is a work-around needed in order to make the BricsCAD command line accept keyboard input/commands all the time the (Very important to avoid having to click in it all the time before entering a command. This was really annoying in BricsCAD 11 before the focus hungry behaviour was added.). I think this is a shortcoming of the GTK tool-kit.

About your ghost behaviour; Try to enter "settings" and try another option for "program options/display/GL swap mode". Depending on your graphics card different settings for this option is optimal. This was true at least for previous versions of BricsCAD for Linux... And make sure you are using proprietary graphics drivers if you have a AMD or nvidia GPU.

Best of luck
  • Bricscad 13.1.13 beta

I have come across something similar. At times my cursor seems to vanish into the background. The redraw command did not help much. However when I shut down and restarted - everthing worked as required.
This discussion has been closed.