Simple keyboard customization

Id like to accomplish a simple keyboard customization.  Let's make this really easy:  I am used to "C" meaning "Copy" and "CI" meaning circle, but "C" means "Circle" on Bricscad, whereas "CO" means copy.  "CO" is one additional keystroke.  I copy things 2000 times a day, and maybe I draw 1 circle, so it would save 2000 keystrokes a day (plus the 500 "ESC" keystrokes after I mistakenly type C when I want to copy... Grrr... ) to make this change.  I know how this keyboard customization works in ACAD, but I haven't run across it in BricsCad help or menus.   Searching those terms in Help turns up nothing, so they must use another name for it.  

Sounds like a little thing, however one of the keys to CADding faster is subtle timesavers like this.  

Comments

•  Try this:
    (defun c:c()(command "copy"))
    (defun c:ci()(command "circle"))
    If it works, put it in a lsp file that you can load when needed ("appload") or set up to autoload when you open the program.
    I keep my lisp files outside of the Bricssys directories so they aren't replaced or deleted during a version upgrade.
    BTW, you can make much longer function definitions. For example, here's a line that sets up a few of my favorite settings. I use it whenever I get a drawing from someone else. I just type "jph" (my initials) and things are the way I like it.
    (defun c:jph()(command "osnap" "end,mid,int")(command "ortho" "off")(command "units" "4" "256" "1" "4" "0" "n")(command "splinesegs" "32"))

Hope this is helpful.

• You can change default
    Command Alias Definitions
    in file (please make first a backup):
    ~/Bricsys/BricsCAD/V13/en_US/Support/default.pgp

Find line
    C,              *CIRCLE

and change it to
    CI,              *CIRCLE

Find line
    CO,             *COPY

and change it to
    C,             *COPY

After that make a backup of modified file (after an upgrade it can by replaced by a default version).
  • Fantastic! default.pgp was just what I was looking for!

This discussion has been closed.