Ubuntu 12.10 x64 wubi install, bricscad 13 wont install no matter what

I am linux novice enjoy ubuntu and all it offers and the community.  Prior till end of last year I had bricscad v11 and 12 running on ubuntu 11.04.  That laptop motherboard died.  I got a new laptop.  I installed ubuntu 12.10 x64 aside the windows 7 via ubuntu website wubi.  All software I needed ran well except could not get an install of bricscad to install, died during install with default ubuntu software center.  Weeks went by.    Finally got it.

sudo dpkg--add-architecturei386

sudo apt-get update

This installs the ia32-libs and ia32-libs-multiarch needed.  As I read, the wubi install of ubuntu 12.10 does not include the i386 and does not allow the single packages, you have to have all to get all dependencies as I understand.

I then installed gdebi installer rather than the default ubuntu software center package installer.

after that I right mouse clicked over the downloaded BricsCAD-V13.1.19-2-en_US-amd64.deb file and selected install with gdebi installer.

It installed complete with no dependency errors or any comments.  Found the icon and added to sidebar.  launched and it came up with no errors and did not die during exercising bricscad.  I seem to have true type fonts also.  

I hope this helps someone save weeks or giving up as I never found an answer that got this installed and working till my trial and error.  Good luck

Respectfully,
Michael Harold