Printing Gradient to PDF

Hello,

i have a problem with printing my drawing to pdf. One of the logos has a gradient hatch and when i print them with Acrobat everything is fine but this writer is limited to A3 and A4.
Then I've tried bullzip and redirect but also here the colors are gone. I could change the colors of the logo but this is not a solution.
Any idea what would be wrong?
Enclosed the drawing

Comments

• Hi Guy,

With Adobe Acrobat you should be able to add a paper size, or at least configure a custom user size. I don't have it to check. I did try printing your dwg to pdf using Nitro PDF & PDF Creator. Neither of these seemed to work when printing gradient fills. I tried printing using DWG TrueView and had no issues. I suggest you raise a support request.

Alternatives that I see:
    • In BricsCAD use _EXPORT command and select PDF as the file format. This will use whatever _PRINT settings have been applied to the layout.
    • Use DWG TrueView to print either via your preferred printer, or its internal PDF Printer.
    Attach some examples of these options. You'll see that they give different results. Looks like the TrueView internal PDF printer renders gradient fills to a bit map.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

BricsCAD-EXPORT.pdfDWG-TrueView-PDFCreator.pdfDWG-TrueView-DWG2PDF.pdf

•  Hi Jason,
    thanks for the quick reply. 
    I've downloaded True view and that looks fine for our purpose. In the professional Acrobat Adobe it was possible but in the Adobe X it is not possible according to my Helpdesk. 
    I will raise this question to the support of Bricscad. 

Guy
  • Just for some additional data points, printing to both the PDFXchange and PDF995 virtual pdf printers gave good results. Proper gradient and good detail.
  •  Hi richard,

I've tried the PDF 995 and still the logo at the right hands side, the globe, is not printing properly. 
    For the moment only the trueview works fine but then you also see all layers
  • FWIW: The OP has posted the problem before:
    http://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/19548
  • Odd that PDF995 didn't work for the OP. Attached is the "print -> view" result that I get for the logo area. Seems fine on my machine.

AU4738-DIW-SUR-GEN-TMP-0002 A1.pdf

•  Dear all,
    i know i've raised that question before. I tried to clean the logo and it was fine but now it starts over again.
    The fact is that for the a3 and a4 the logo is printed well with pdf995 but the a2-1-0 doesn't print the gradient at all. Even if i explode or import the logo from the a3 to the a1 it is not working properly.
    I will continue with the trueview for the moment
This discussion has been closed.