pgp file overriding lisp and right click menu

Hello all,

Previously in AutoCAD I don't know if any took this route but within a lisp you could define all your shortcuts, even if in the PGP file there was a reoccuring shortcut key, it would overwrite it. This meant that any computer system you used was quickly personalised regardless of CAD version etc when you loaded your own lisp file.

In bricscad however the pgp file continues to have the final say and I do not wish it to be this way. Is there a way you can make a lisp command override a pgp shortcut key? Not interested in alternatives, just if it's possible to do this. If not, then worries about it.

Second query, I managed to get the default right click menu back however when i have something selected it stops working, are there any solutions to this?

Thanks all for your help

Comments

• Issue #1:
    In my experience, and a test just now conforms this, Lisp commands override PGP short cuts. So there must be something wrong with your approach. Check your lisp file to make sure that there are no errors and that it fully loads. Also remember that BricsCAD doesn't use ACAD.LSP but on_doc_load.lsp.

Issue #2:
    You say 'get the default right click menu back'. What menu are you referring to? Have you changed the mouse settings using the CUSTOMIZE command? And what is your setting for the CTRLMOUSE variable?
  • 2. There are 3 different context menus, one for when nothing is selected and no command is in progress, one which takes over when there's a selection set but no command is in progress, and a third that takes over whenever a command is in progress. So your system is working as it should in regard to menus that pop up on right-click.
    In the Customize window, the 3 context menus are listed as Default, Edit, and Command.
This discussion has been closed.