Highlighted Screen when switching from MS to PS

Is there a reason the entire "page" is highlighted in paperspace until you scroll the mouse wheel. I have 60 some users whom all complain about this, is there a setting to disable this function?

Comments

• I am not sure what you mean by 'highlighted'. My first thought was the DISPPAPERBKG variable (controls paper background). But the paper background doesn't disappear when you scroll with the mouse wheel. Can you post a screen shot?
  • [code]PASTE CODE HERE[/code]

the magenta will disapear once you scroll the mosue. in some cases it will re-appear when you activate a viewport.

imageB1.JPG
  • Hi Rob,

I've previously experienced similar issues. Have you raised a support request? If not recommend that you raise one.

For me the cause seemed to arise from installing a newer version over the top of an earlier. I would try completely uninstalling BricsCAD from the machine including any earlier versions (V12, V11). After the uninstaller has run check that all files have been removed, along with registry entries. If you raise a support request Bricsys will provide specific details for your version(s).

Having completely removed BricsCAD, then reinstall. When installing on Windows Vista and later, try right clicking on the installer and choosing the "Run as Administrator" option. Rakesh Rao has previously reported that this helps.

Hopefully this fixes your issue. Obviously I would try this on one of your machines first prior to rolling out, and also make sure any customisation you have done to BricsCAD has been backed up.

Note if you want to have earlier versions (V11, V12) installed alongside later, then you need to install the earliest version first, then the later. The installer won't proceed if it sees a later version has already been installed.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

• Hey Jason,

Thanks for the suggestion, we started with V13.1.18 then updated to V13.1.22. this was and issue from the first install. I'll raise a supprot question.

This discussion has been closed.