Line by Angle

Hi guys,

We're currently looking into replacing some of our AutoCAD seats with BricsCAD, and I've been asked to see if it's feasible.

I'm trying to find a command we use quite often in AutoCAD, but I can't find anything similar in BricsCAD. It's the "Line by Angle" function (shortcut: 'ad), and it allows you to turn an angle from a previously drawn line by choosing a start and end point and turning the angle with that line as the baseline.

Does anyone know a similar function in BricsCAD?

Comments

• I guess I would use UCS Entity and select the line, then use polar coordinates.  Or maybe I don't understand? (that's normal!)
  • I believe that is a transparent command associated with Land Desktop or Civil 3D. I've found a couple of lisp routines that work very well.

I work for a medium sized Civil Engineering firm. We're utilizing BricsCAD along side of Civil 3D very effectively. Users were apprehensive about switching at first but most prefer BricsCAD for drafting and drawing management after a few days. We only use Civil 3D for specific Engineering Design Tasks.

• Jeremy,

As mention by Donald and Roy, these are Civil 3D specific, they aren't available in Vanilla AutoCAD.

From Civil3D help
    "Several of the AutoCAD Civil 3D Line commands are simply the AutoCAD Line combined with an AutoCAD Civil 3D transparent command. For example, when you run the Line By Bearing command, the AutoCAD Line command starts, but the ‘BD transparent command also launches so you can immediately enter a bearing value."

There would be ways to address missing features like this. I would discuss options with your local agent.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

• Thanks for the replies guys, I will have to contact our local supplier then. :)

• Thanks for the replies guys, I will have to contact our local supplier then. :)

This discussion has been closed.