undo stack for layer freeze, off, lock only

I have a popular request for an "undo" (and maybe "redo") command that affects only layer freeze, off and lock operations.
(I'll be reposting this to "The Swamp", but maybe you guys have better ideas specific to Bcad)

What happens, is that someone freezes (or isolates) some layers, does some work, and would like to be able to walk back the layer visibility changes to some point earlier without undoing their work.
The layer visibility undo command would not affect changes made in layer colors or linetypes, only freeze or off (and maybe lock)

I know that layerstatedoes something like this, but restoring an earlier layerstate also restores layer colors, linetypes, etc. to the earlier state,
which is what I DON'T want.
Also. I don't think if there is any command line access to layerstate.
Is there any lisp access to saved layerstates?

I'm not good with reactors (I managed to get one going that sets the LTSCALE and PSLTSCALE variables on transition to and from modelspace)
I looked for some kind of reactor that triggers only on layer visibility changes, but I haven't had much luck.

Comments

•  Please notice that you can define which layer properties must be restored by a layer state: choose 'Tree View' in the Drawing Explorer - Layer States, then expand the 'Layer Properties to Restore' list and select the properties of your choice.
This discussion has been closed.