V13 platinum Bmext error

Just curious if anyone else has seen this error: Error loading "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bricsys\BricsCAD V13\bmext.brx". Just installed latest V13 platinum and get this everytime I start Brics. The strange thing on a different computer installing V13 pro there is no such error. I've uninstalled/reinstalled many times same result. However I noticed everytime before installation is finished Norton Antivirus pops up a message about a "bad cloud 7F" or something.

Comments

• The check would be to disable norton during installation and check if the bmext file is installed. This is only a check because Norton is indeed involved reenabling Norton will still cause removal of the file. Knowledgebase item 316 is about false positives from antiviruses and includes clarification on making sure it's indeed a false positive.
  • Norton is somewhat famous for its "false alarms" especially when that "cloud ..." message is shown -
    the heuristical analysis is more or less a kind of "shooting into the dark", and very error prone, as the Norton case shows ...
    you might also disable heuristical analysis in Norton's settings (if that is possible).
  • Aye, I did try disabling Norton and the error didn't show up but with Norton turned on it returned. The thing I don't understand is why this happens with Platinum and not Pro. Both computers have Norton on them also.
  • This has been happening to me since V12.  When the message pops up, there is a details link available.  You click that and select restore or trust file, and Norton will put the file back where it belongs.  There also is a "always trust" option that may prevent you from seeing this until the file needs to be changed during another update. If you miss the message when installing, you can open Norton, find the quarantined or activity pages and tell Norton to restore the file there. I have different Norton products (Norton 360, Norton Internet Securtiy), so I cannot give you step by step instruction to do this, you will need to hunt around in Norton a bit to find the right area.  Once you have restored the file Norton will not bother you again until you update Bricscad again.
  • The thing I don't understand is why this happens with Platinum and not Pro.

FYI:
    bmext.brx is a library only used by the Platinum version.
  • Problem solved! Thanks to the responses from Brics support and this forum. Just did as instructed by going into Norton and restoring the problem files. Also turned off the heuristical scanning.
  • The trick with Norton is NOT to disable it.  At some point Norton will pop a window up telling you that it is protecting you by removing the file.  If you click the details link in that window, you get the option to restore the file.  If you miss that window, you find the area in your Norton product where the file is quarantined and tell Norton to trust it (or restore it).  Once this is done, the problem goes away until the next time you update Bricscad.
This discussion has been closed.