Vector PDF with Hidden Line Removal

SVG export does create a hidden line vector file when used the appropriate settings. PDF export creates only fully visible models (no hidden line removal). 

Can I export vector PDF hiddel line drawings? Or print them (without the need of FLATSHOT)?

Comments

• Hi Bert,

have you tried the options 3Dhidden or Hidden in the Print Dialog Box ?

imagePDF-hidden.jpg
  • Yes, it produces a bitmap PDF, not a vector based PDF.

Are you able to create a PDF with hidden lines removed which is not a bitmap?

• I think NO because Bricscad rasterizes the DWG in the case of hidden plotting (if not then Bricscad should correct me...)
    So you may use hidden SVG as you mention and import it back into Bricscad and finally plot to normal PDF (not hidden 2d).
    Have a look at this thread.....
    https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/20161#20191
    The production line would be then for you:
    Export to SVG (file>export>svg, hidden) >> import SVG into InkScape >>export to WMF  >> import WMF into Bricscad (file>import>wmf) >>Print to PDF 2D
    Then you get a vector file !
    It is too many steps but OK for a few files a day ...???
    Regards
  • Thanks Konstantin, but this are way too many steps.Using FLATSHOT is a better solution compared to this (and even FLASHOT has too many drawbacks).

I wonder why PDF export cannot create vector files combined with hidden line, where SVG export can? 

• FLATSHOT works with solids only !
  • Exactly.

And even when a drawing only contains solids this a not a solution in my case, because one can easily forget to update the FLATSHOT result after a change in the drawing.

SVG Export does, by the way, not support the DISPSILH variable. So Hidden Line removal via SVG is unusable.

So, no zoomable PDF's in Bricscad (when working in 3D)?

• i would suggest  Bentley View V8i
    It's free and you can read DWG and Print PDF(vector)  and.... 3DPDF (vector) !
    You will have to register though for downloading at:

http://www.bentley.com/de-DE/Free+Software/bentley+view.htm

• So far no luck with registering and downloading the software. But it still will be a workaround, like DWG Trueview.

Too bad BC is not able to create hidden line vector PDF files itself. The algorithms to do so are lurking somewhere in the program, I hope they will implement this in future versions.

This discussion has been closed.