Drawing preview not working - most of the time

I got the latest Brics version but preview still isn't working on most drawings. Can't pinpoint why it's working on some and not others. Is there a setting somewhere that might be the culprit?

Comments

• Dwg files may or may not contain a preview image, depending on whether they have been saved with RASTERPREVIEW switched on or off
    (RASTERPREVIEW is a program variable that can be changed by typing its name or via the settings window).
  • Hello,
    PREVIEW GRID is turned on with me in V13 V13 32bit and 64bit and there is
    no Vorschaubild.Ich use Bricscad 13.2.7.1
  • Maybe we're not talking about the same issue... I'm on Linux (where preview isn't working anyway), so I can just guess what the problem might be:

On windows, BricsCAD uses a custom file open dialog, which optionally features a small preview (unless you turn off these options in the 'File dialogs' section of the settings). I don't know for sure how this preview is generated, but I assume it relies on the embedded raster image, so my last comment related to this.

The explorer features a preview window that should render real-time previews of the selected items. However, on Linux, this has never worked for entire drawings or layers so far. I took for granted this would be fully functional on windows, but maybe not... If it fails on certain drawings, it might be worth investigating. There could be a file size limit, to prevent the UI from apparently freezing, but this is just a guess, filing a SR should give you an answer.
  • The V12 Pro is a preview file is always generated, regardless of how large the file is.
    Support request has been created and should be with the update to 13.2.6-1
    be resolved and to see a preview image.
This discussion has been closed.